In order to stay fit and feel alive, it is important to provide the body with all the essential nutrients and vitamins that can be derived from the food we consume. Nutrients are required by every living organism for survival purposes. It is due to these essential nourishments that the cells in our body grow and function properly.
Nutrition basically refers to the science of utilizing food materials. When we consume food, the body starts breaking it down, a process known as catabolism, and when combined with the term anabolism, both these processes are collectively called metabolism.
Studying nutritional science can help in understanding about different types of diseases and body conditions. Also, it provides ways or methods that are beneficial in preventing such kinds of health-related problems from developing in our body. A hale and hearty diet is the key to a healthy physical condition.
What Are The Different Types Of Nutrients?
Different food components like carbohydrates, proteins, essential vitamins, fiber, etc. are all resources of nourishments, just like nutrients. Two different category or types of nutrients that have been classified are as follows:-
- The nutrients which are required to be consumed in large quantities are termed as Macronutrients.
- On the other hand, nutrients that are needed by our body in comparatively smaller quantities are known as Micronutrients.
Now one of the most basic questions is why is nutrition important? Let us know in detail about the significance of Nutrition in our body.
Importance Of Nutrition:-
A good and healthy nutritious diet needs to be consumed as it is required by our body for functioning properly. Both macronutrients and micronutrients are essential for every living organism.
The answer to the question as to why is nutrition important can be justified by referring to the following points:-
- Provides a good amount of energy:- Just like a car needs fuel to run, in the same manner, our body, to function properly needs nutritions which can be derived by following a healthy diet. Healthy food increases the level of energy in our body and as such we can undertake several different activities with utmost convenience.
- Helps in building body muscles:- Protein-rich foods help in building and repairing the muscles and bones. These components will provide for fast recovery from any injury or disease.
- Fats are beneficial:- Our body gets most of the energy it requires from the macronutrient known as fats. Without the presence of fats, our body will cease to function.
Prepare a suitable diet chart and make sure it contains only healthy food products that are rich in good nutrients and all those nutrients that are required for your body type.